Office: 566 S. San Vicente Boulevard, Suite 103, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (at Lindenhurst)
Do you find yourself upset or struggling with a current challenge in your personal or work life?
Are you ready to get some help to resolve what’s bothering you?
Do you find yourself…
- Feeling sad, isolated, or depressed in your relationship or career?
- Needing guidance on how to develop your career, or earn more money?
- Worried about how to handle transitions and changes at Midlife?
- Scared that your anger is ruling your life?
- Wanting a better sex life, but not sure how to get it?
- Struggling to recover from the loss of a loved one from death or a breakup?
- Overwhelmed by trying to manage your finances?
- Feeling haunted by experiences in your childhood?
- Anxious about an important decision you need to make?
- Struggling to cope with a diagnosis of a medical challenge?
- Scared that alcohol or drug use, for yourself or someone close to you, has gotten out of hand?
- Tired of conflict with your partner/spouse, boss, parent, or another person?
Life’s challenges can sometimes leave you feeling frustrated and overwhelmed.
The one constant in life is change. Managing your life, building a career, developing satisfying relationships, and taking care of your emotional and physical health are things to strive for, to bring you a sense of meaning, purpose, and contentment to your life.
But sometimes things don’t quite work out as planned, and you’re faced with having to handle the situation, sometimes feeling like you’re doing it all by yourself. You’re trying to handle a life challenge, but you’ve lost control of the problem and are feeling confused. You may have trouble falling asleep over it, or you may have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning. Maybe you feel anxious and worried about the future, and how these problems are going to work out. You could be having conflicts with people, including others you care about. Maybe you’re sad and frustrated because you just don’t like yourself very much these days.
Therapy, counseling, and coaching can help you resolve current life challenges and relationship struggles.
When facing life challenges of many kinds, loving yourself and managing your life sometimes means reaching out for help. During hard times, a caring professional therapist and life/business coach can help you see your problems from a different point of view, help you see things in a different light, gain new insights, and teach you new strategies for coping with your challenges that will guide you to faster resolutions.
As a result of our working together, you can:
- Learn to forgive yourself and others, and learn to love yourself again.
- Strengthen your self-esteem and reclaim your personal dignity.
- Liberate yourself from the burden of addictions and bad habits.
- Cope with a diagnosis of a serious medical disorder, and learn to cope and thrive.
- Establish your unique roles, professionally and personally.
- Discover new strategies for coping with life’s challenges that you can use today for current problems, and for all future challenges in your life.
- Build your self-confidence to take the steps you need to take your life to a higher level of peace and fulfillment.
- Learn techniques for managing emotions like anger, sadness, frustration, and even learn to cope with success in the long term.
- Improve your ability to identify and evaluate your options, so that you make better decisions in all areas of your life.
- Learn how to communicate your needs assertively to get what you want, while still respecting the rights of others.
- Improve communications with everyone you come in contact with, to improve relationships with a partner/spouse, roommate, co-worker, family member, or friends.
Working to improve yourself can be unsettling at first, because you’re really looking into yourself and where your “stuck points” are, but it can also be exciting and ultimately personally fulfilling.
“Ken is a consummate professional, combining the best in common sense, practical business coaching, and a solid grounding in evidence-based psychotherapy. There are few of his ilk. I have become a better and more secure manager of my own life with his help. I recommend him to friends, particularly gay professionals who seek improved personal and interpersonal skills and business acumen. Ken wears both hats with considerable skill and warmth.” — K.E., corporate CEO
“Ken is bright and motivated, and a real professional. He has built a great reputation and practice through community involvement and smart marketing, but most of all through the high quality of service that he provides.” –S.R., business consultant
“I have worked with Ken for many years and find his work to be the utmost in professionalism and compassion. His work within the Los Angeles community, especially that of the LGBT community, is the hallmark of dedication. While working with Ken on many community panels, including the Los Angeles County HIV Mental Health Task Force, he has always provided a intelligence, empathy, and commitment to colleagues and clients alike. I would highly recommend him as a therapist, or in any professional endeavors.” – JL, therapist
“Ken is a true asset to any dynamic in which he participates. When working with Ken, I find it to be a positive collaboration with an exchange of substantive ideas. He is very perceptive and has a gift for articulating nuances and finding ways to guide you in a nurturing and intelligent way.” – CL, certified financial planner
“I’ve worked with Ken Howard, LCSW, in the HIV community in Los Angeles. He’s one of the most astute therapists I know here in L.A. – TV, community activist and author
“Ken has participated as a panelist at a number of City of West Hollywood events including a community forum addressing issues around Crystal Methamphetamine. The City has been fortunate to have Ken take part at these events, as he brings a great amount of expertise to the table as a therapist and coach. He is a pleasure to work with, is always very professional and is highly respected in the community.” – CR, City of West Hollywood
Research has shown that therapy, counseling, and coaching are proven techniques to change your thinking and behavior, which can change your life.
With over 20 years’ experience in counseling, psychotherapy, and life/business coaching, I am trained in a variety of therapeutic approaches that can help you overcome your problems. These include Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, to help you identify new thoughts and behaviors; Existential Psychology, to help you identify joy and meaning for now and your future; and Developmental Psychology, to understand your current situation in the context of a healthy and satisfying life span. All of my techniques are considered “evidence-based”, which means they have been studied in research and are known to produce positive outcomes.
As a member of the faculty of the USC School of Social Work, I teach an advanced course in clinical practice in the graduate MSW (Master of Social Work) program, with the latest research and techniques for helping people solve problems today.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW, #LCS18290) and have been in practice in West Hollywood and Los Angeles for over 20 years. I have my “dream job” of helping people close the gap between how life is, and how they would like it to be. I love helping others change their thoughts to grow, personally and professionally, to reach their full potential.
I respect the investment of time, energy, and money you make to undergo therapy sessions, and I strive to give value to each and every session we work in together. You will always receive the best I can give, and the personalized service you deserve.
I am available Monday through Friday, day and evening, and I have two clinical associates who are available on Saturdays and Sundays if you need a weekend appointment. I work in my office in West Hollywood, but if you can’t come in person, I also provide sessions over the phone and via Skype, both locally (LA/West Hollywood, California) and nation-wide, wherever you are.
Please call 310-726-4357 to schedule a no-charge, 15-minute phone consultation. Let me know the best times to call you back, so we can talk and see if we will be a good match. If there are privacy concerns to consider when I call back and you don’t want to be overheard by others, please let me know how best to deal with them. You can also email me at KBHMSW@aol.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ken Howard, MSW, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#LCS18290)
8430 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 100 (at Croft Avenue)
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Ken Howard, LCSW is one of the most experienced psychotherapists and life/business coaches in Los Angeles, with over 20 years experience in a full-time clinical practice, clinical supervision of staff, research, writing, public speaking, consulting, and university teaching:
- Licensed in California, #LCS18290 (since 1997)
- Complete privacy (unlike “HMO network insurance therapists”, who must report your diagnosis and clinical progress to a corporate “care manager”)
- Graduate of major academic institutions, UCLA and USC (not a for-profit “trade school”)
- Former Clinical Director of two non-profit organizations
- Currently on the faculty of the graduate USC School of Social Work (teaching advanced courses in Clinical Practice)
- Sessions can be paid by cash, check, credit card, or PayPal
- Discounts for multi-session pre-paid packages (6 or more sessions)
- Sliding scale fees to fit your budget (weekday afternoons)
- Available Monday through Friday, day and evening (with clinical associate staff available on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Available for therapy/coaching in West Hollywood in person or via phone/Skype, and outside California (coaching only) via phone or Skype
- Extra support available between sessions through emails, texting, or voicemails
- For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 310-726-HELP (4357) or email KBHMSW@aol.com
My book, “Self-Empowerment: Have the Life You Want!” is available in hardcover, paperback, and e-book.
Click below on the Lulu.com logo to get your hardcover or paperback edition (only $12):
“Self-Empowerment: Have the Life You Want!” is based on my first 18 years as a psychotherapist, and it helps you close the gap between how life is, and how you would like it to be, in important areas such as health, career, finances, relationships/sex, mental health, community, and spirituality. The e-book version (only $4.99) is also now available for Amazon Kindle, Barnes and Noble Nook, and iBook for iPad and iPhone at iTunes!
Podcast: “Have the Life You Want!” (and iPhone app available for all podcast episodes):
I am very grateful to be named one of the Top Ten ”Deserving and Dedicated Social Workers” of the Year in 2011 by Social Work Today magazine! The link is here.
To contact me for more information or a free brief telephone consultation, or to schedule an appointment, call 310-726-HELP (4357) or email me at KBHMSW@aol.com.
For testimonials and recommendations from others who have worked with me, click here.