Therapy and Coaching for Your Life, Career, and Relationships by Ken Howard, LCSW, Licensed Psychotherapist and Author
Phone: 310-726-4357 (office); 310-339-5778 (cell/text inquiries)
Mail: 8430 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 100, West Hollywood, CA 90069
For a map/directions to my office, click here: map/directions
Over the past 20 years as a psychotherapist and life/business coach, I have helped individuals (and couples) resolve many issues. What are the challenges for you, right now?
There is HOPE that the challenges that are bothering you today CAN be resolved, or at least made better. Therapy and coaching by a qualified professional can help.
Our work together in private, confidential sessions can help you to:
- Improve your self-esteem and gain the confidence to develop the life you’ve always wanted
- Reduce social anxiety and be more confident in bars, work, parties, and anywhere you need to be at your best
- Increase your self-confidence, learning to love and appreciate yourself
- Overcome symptoms of anxiety, depression, obsessions-compulsions, or panic attacks that hold you back
- Heal from past trauma and abuse, no matter how severe, no matter how long ago
- Eliminate bad habits, from the merely annoying ones to the critical ones that undermine your life goals
- Enhance your relationships with your partner, family, boss, coworkers, etc.
- Build the career you’ve always wanted, and earn the money you deserve
- Free yourself from addictions — whether from substances or behaviors
- Develop a healthy body image, to live in with joy and pride for the rest of your life
- Take charge of your health, get the help you need, and stop being shamed or intimidated by doctors or the medical system
- Get organized in your finances, learn to earn, save and invest
- Develop your vision of the ideal Personal and Professional life
The results of your investment in our work together can pay off for years to come.
I “get you”. I’ve had challenges myself, in my work, family, relationship, and community.
I’m also in a long-term relationship (10 years), and can help you from this personal perspective, too.
I’ve also lived successfully with HIV for over 22 years, and I’m a cancer survivor. I can help with issues related to health (for yourself, or for someone close to you).
To contact me for more information or a free brief telephone consultation, or to schedule an appointment, call 310-726-HELP (4357) or email me at KBHMSW@aol.com.
For testimonials and recommendations from others who have worked with me, click here.
Ken Howard, LCSW is one of the most experienced therapists in West Hollywood, with 20 years experience in a full-time clinical practice, clinical supervision of staff, research, writing, public speaking, consulting, and university teaching:
- Fully licensed in California, #LCS18290 (not an unlicensed “MFTi intern” or “associate”)
Affordable and Convenient:
- Complete privacy (unlike “HMO insurance therapists”, who must report your diagnosis and clinical progress to a corporate “care manager”)
- Graduate of UCLA and USC (not a trade school or professional school)
- Former Clinical Director of several Los Angeles/Hollywood non-profit organizations
- Consultant corporate trainer for Bristol-Myers-Squibb, Abbott Laboratories, and Auxilium Pharmaceuticals
- Faculty of USC School of Social Work (teaching advanced Clinical Practice courses)
- Sessions can be paid by cash, check, credit cards, or PayPal
- Discounts for multi-session pre-paid packages (6 or more sessions)
- Sliding scale fees to fit your income and budget (subject to available time slots)
- Available Monday through Friday, day and evening (with clinical associate staff available on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Available for therapy/coaching in West Hollywood/Los Angeles in person at my office or via phone/Skype, or outside California or the U.S. (coaching only) via phone or Skype sessions
- Extra support available between sessions through emails, texting, or voicemails
- For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 310-726-HELP (4357) or email KBHMSW@aol.com
New Self-Help Book:
If you read ONE self-help book this year, let “Self-Empowerment: Have the Life You Want!” by Ken Howard, LCSW be it!
This is one of the few self-help books that are actually written by a current, LICENSED psychotherapist, in a full-time practice (Ken Howard, LCSW), with over 20 years experience helping people just like you SOLVE the problems that bother you the most, in ALL areas of your life. It’s your “portable therapist” for the problems you face today.
With this book, you can learn to close the gap between how life IS, and how you would like it to BE, in important areas of your life: mental health, health, career, relationships/sex, family, community, and spirituality.
Maybe you’re a college student, and want to learn some “life tips” as a young adult. Maybe you’re a recent divorcee, looking to start life anew. Maybe you’re an older person, but you want to take charge of life today. Maybe you’re a single parent, looking to make every moment count. Maybe you’re a professional, trying to make the most of your career. This is a book that can help almost ANYONE (but is intended for adults).
The time for being dis-empowered is over. The time for other people controlling your life? Also OVER. So are living your life for other people, ignoring your dreams, and suffering in silence. All… OVER. Because the time for YOU to empower YOURSELF, is here.
With the tips in these pages, and through the “case study” stories that end each chapter, read the book and you will learn to:
- Feel more secure in your relationship.
- Refine your skills in communication and compromise with a partner.
- Learn how to cope with feelings of depression, anxiety, or resentment.
- Enhance your physical health, or learn to COPE with living with a chronic illness.
- Overcome long-standing struggles with your family.
- Get control of your finances, and fast.
- Create a better, more intimate, more satisfying sex life.
- Get more involved in your local community, make friends, and not be so isolated.
- Clarify a spiritual practice that’s right for YOU.
- Increase a sense of hope, self-confidence, and determination to make your life better, in many areas of life.
- Get lots of advice, even if you’re not ready (or can’t afford) to invest in therapy, yet.
All of this is included (and more) in the book, based on my over 18 years of clinical practice as a psychotherapist and life/business coach at my office in Los Angeles, California, helping people from all backgrounds, walks of life, ethnicities, ages, and challenges.
Why listen to me? Because helping people solve their problems, and to have the life they always envisioned for themselves, personally and professionally, is what I have done as a licensed psychotherapist (see here for proof) and life/business coach for over 18 years! I work with individuals, couples, and families. I speak at conferences and motivational workshops. I’m active in my local community. I HAVE the life I want, and I want to help YOU achieve that, too!
Self-Empowerment: Have the Life You Want! is now available in both hardcover and paperback direct from the publisher, LuLu.com!
To purchase your copy, click on the “Lulu” box below for hardback:
And for paperback, click here.
The first chapter of the book — “Mental Health” — is now available as a podcast episode on “Have the Life You Want with Ken Howard, LCSW”, on iTunes, Zune.com, PodcastAlley.com, or your favorite podcast provider.
Have a look around the website to learn more about me, my counseling/coaching services, motivational speaking, podcast episodes, and others ways that I can help YOU…Have The Life You Want!
And, if you would like to receive a copy of my FREE report, “Twenty Tips to Improve Your Life: Right Now!”, let me know in the boxes below: